In the summer of 2011 Saint Mark’s Square hosted the concert festival "Venezia Musica Estate" with performances by Sting, the Fenice Philharmonic Orchestra, Biagio Antonacci and James Taylor.
The festival was coordinated by VM&E in keeping with the consolidated tradition of high-quality summer shows in one of the best locations worldwide.
The prestigious architectural setting in which the concerts were performed convinced VM&E to set up a partnership with Litec (a brand of Staging Systems Europe Spa, which is part ofVitec Group Plc), leading supplier of trusses and accessories. This allowed us to set up a stage equipped with a very modern cover called "Libera Alusfera", featuring a quarter sphere to accommodate a whole stage. With its white surface, it stood out even more thanks to the lighting effects selected by each artist and the mega-screen positioned in the middle. This set-up solution allowed for a very “light-weight” and limited-impact structure, in line with the protection of the architectural setting of the Square.
Litec then made a supply and sponsorship agreement with VME, which also included the supply of four Flying towers, and which included benefits such as:
- brand visibility, especially thanks to the viewing of advertising messages of the two Group brands (Litec and Manfrotto) on the maxi-screen, addressed not just to the concert audience but also to the many visitors that every day converge to the Square;
- an international media impact, thanks to the popularity of the performing artists and the beauty of the structure in the Square’s Procuratie setting;
- the possibility of using images of the structure and shows for advertising purposes;
- the possibility of inviting guests to attend the concerts;
- the possibility of organizing a company event in a prestigious location in Venice.
Client: Litec Type: Sponsorizazione tecnica Datesa: 19-29 luglio 2011 Location: Venezia, Piazza San Marco Project manager: Nicola Catullo