The Venice Arsenale, in the heart of the old Venice naval industry, is today a completely renovated location which reveals the grandness of the old Venice shipyard. The covered pavilions, each sized approximately 1,000 sqm, are perfectly suited to host private and corporate events.
The Venice Arsenale used to be the heart of the Venice naval industry from the XII century. One of the largest production centres of pre-industrial age, with thousands of operators employed, it was not just considered a shipyard but also the pulsing heart of the power and military strength of the Republic of Venice.
The fully renovated spacious inner areas and their unique surroundings are perfectly fit to host grand authentic events in an incomparable historical setting.
Tese are covered pavilions where the sails of the old ships used to be stretched (in Italian tese): Tese delle Nappe, Tese di San Cristoforo, Tesa 99, Tesa 100, Tesa 105 and Tesa 113.
Tese delle Nappe 89-90-91, are three large adjoining pavilions, fully renovated to restore their original architectural look and to enhance their typical large and bright vaults. These pavilions are especially suited to host high-society events, exhibitions and art performances. Area 3500 sq.m.
Tese di San Cristoforo 92-93-94, these three huge pavilions cover a 3155sqm area; they were built from 1525 during the period of development of Arsenale Novissimo (1473-1573) along the Arsenale Northern wall. Built as "volti d'acqua", i.e. floating construction sites at Torre di San Cristoforo, they remained floating until they were buried in 1880.
Adjoining, they are perfectly suited for any type of event as they can accommodate thousands of people at the same time. Area 3.155 sq.m.
Tesa 99, Tesa 100, every pavillon 750 sq. M.
Tesa 105, public access is through the Ex Casermette area at the foot of the cantilevered bridge along the Arsenale walls, next to the Actv waterbus stop. Completely and finely renovated, the ground-floor entrance leads into the area of the Arsenale that is open to the public. Tesa 105 accommodates functional and modern offices and meeting rooms. Area 750 sq.m.
Tesa 113, its structure is made of load-bearing masonry and splendid and majestic Istria stone columns. The renovated XVI-century ceiling is trussed, making this area exclusive and appealing. Area 793 sq.m.
Torre di Porta Nuova, used to make the shafts of old sailing ships of the Repubblica Serenissima, it has been very recently completely renovated, creating prestigious and sophisticated areas for meetings and art exhibitions, combining the charm of the fully recovered old premises with very modern and elegant architectural and contemporary design solutions. Area 328 sq.m.