WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1998 by Actv Spa - Azienda Veneziana del trasporto Pubblico Locale - with the mission of developing its commercial activity, over the years Vela Spa has consolidated a role as a link between the public transport system and its users, Venetians and visitors, extending the range of services also to the city's cultural institutions.
In 2013, Vela underwent a major corporate reorganisation project as a consequence of the review of the system of companies in which the Municipality of Venice holds an interest. Vela is now part of the AVM S. p. a. Group. Group, together with ACTV S. p. a. and has incorporated two other important companies in the public company sector, Venezia Marketing & Eventi Spa and Lido Eventi e Congressi Spa. Vela has thus also taken over the role of organiser of the city's main traditional events (Carnevale, Regata Storica, Festa del Redentore, Christmas and New Year's Eve, etc.), as well as other prestigious events such as the Boat Show, on the instructions of the Venice City Council. It manages the congress facilities on Venice Lido (Palazzo del Cinema and Palazzo del Casinò) and the monumental complex of the Arsenale Nord, and is the promoter of all city marketing activities aimed mainly at tourists and companies. Vela also coordinates and supports 'special' events in public areas such as concerts, fashion shows, film and television shoots.
Vela Spa is characterised by a multifunctional mission that involves the daily management of a vast range of different services and products, aimed at carefully maintaining the relationship between the brand, the territory, citizens and tourists.
The company covers the territory with a capillary network of 32 sales outlets, more than 500 authorized dealers and 70 self service ticket machines, distributed at the city gates, in the historic city centre, its islands, and in the main centres on the mainland, with over 200 multilingual front-line sales staff, supported in synergic activity by the www.veneziaunica.it website, which manages over 600,000 customers/year. Six sales outlets also function as IAT (Tourist Information and Reception) Offices, commissioned by the Veneto Region and the Municipalities of Venice and Dolo.
The www.veneziaunica.it website is an e-commerce platform, managed by Vela on behalf of the City of Venice and developed by Venis S. p. a.. It is the customer interface of a complex e-commerce platform connecting the main mobility, museum and service facilities of the City of Venice. Up to 2019, the Venezia Unica platform achieved year-on-year sales turnover of up to 50% compared to the national average increase of e-commerce sites in the tourism sector, and already in the first half of 2022 it has recovered and exceeded pre-pandemic sales levels. Venezia Unica therefore represents a unique case in Italy of integration of ticketing and access systems for public and private facilities, and is the leading Italian city tourism portal in terms of its economic performance as well as the extent of services offered and information.
The commitment and professional background of Vela Spa is therefore even more consolidated today, through the direct offer and commercial management of an exclusive range of proposals tailored on the basis of a 360° analysis of the interests of the tourism market and companies, without ever neglecting the needs of the local community:
• Art and culture: promotion and sale of the city's main exhibitions and art sites, including the historic Naval Museum, a witness and memory of the greatness of the Serenissima;
• Events: creation, organisation and marketing of traditional and special events in the city;
• Sport: box office of the main national sports events;
• Theatre Marketing of all the activities and services of the Fondazione Teatro la Fenice at the La Fenice and Malibran theatres, sales of tickets for performances in the city's main theatres and throughout Italy;
• Local public transport and mobility services: information, routes, timetables, issuing of cards, season tickets and travel passes, communication and promotion, customisation of transport means and infrastructures;
• Venezia Unica city pass: the pass dedicated to tourists that includes Venice's main cultural sites
• Conferences and events: management of important modular and multifunctional venues for events, such as the Palazzo del Cinema and Casino conference centre at Venice Lido, or prestigious historical sites such as the Arsenale and the Pescheria di Rialto. Pre/post congress activities can be implemented in collaboration with the city's main cultural institutions, such as the Venice Casino, La Fenice Theatre and the Civic Museums, or in the context of traditional Venetian events, such as the Carnival with its Dinner Show.
• Advertising: exclusive management of communication spaces also in large format
• Sponsorships and partnerships with the city's main events: a unique opportunity to enhance one's brand alongside the city of Venice, through its prestigious public events, the creation of private events in the city's main locations and support for video and multimedia content.
MISSION STATEMENT AND VALUES
Vela Spa is committed to ensuring that the events it organises throughout the year, which take place in the city of Venice have an increasingly positive impact from a social, economic, environmental and occupational health and safety perspective.
The introduction of a sustainable event management system (in compliance with ISO 20121: 2012) is an opportunity for Vela to raise awareness of sustainable development not only in the city, but also among all the people involved in organising the various events.
With this in mind, Vela Spa undertakes to:
• Respect the fundamental principles of sustainable development;
• Manage each event with the utmost involvement of all participating parties, and with integrity and transparency;
• Raise awareness of environmental, economic and social sustainability among event participants;
• Ensure compliance with current environmental, health and safety regulations in the workplace;
• Involve the stakeholders in the same view of enhancing the area with sustainable participation during events by ensuring that the principles thereof are effectively communicated;
• Promoting a winning strategy to reduce waste;
• Better management of natural resources;
• Promoting the local economy and employment.
These principles are necessarily taken up for each sustainably managed event through a policy to be defined and subscribed to from case to case.
Among them, the Venice Boat Show 2022 obtained the ISO 20121:2013 Sustainable Event Management certification.
Registered and administrative headquarters
Isola Nova del Tronchetto, 21
Tel. +39 041272.2660
P.E.C. (Certified e-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
Venice Register of Companies, Tax Code and VAT n°. 03069670275
REA VE-278800 - Share Capital € 1,885,000.00 fully paid-up
Subject to the management and coordination of AVM. S.p.A.
Share capital: Avm Spa 88.86%, Municipality of Venice 11.14%.